$500 worth of payments from a Guaranteed Income Pilot program will be arriving in Minneapolis in 12 days. In this article, read and find out who is qualified to receive these payments every month!Yesterday, June 7, the Guaranteed Income Pilot program in Minneapolis started processing its next batch of payments for June 20. Reports say the payments started going out in June 2022 and are expected to be distributed monthly until June 2024.
According to Blake, two hundred households in the city were chosen to receive the monthly payments worth $500 from the Guaranteed Income Pilot program. Furthermore, the project manager states that the program is being assessed by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
Reports say most of the recipients of the Guaranteed Income Pilot program are Black, people of color, or indigenous who make up 80.5% of them. The remaining 19.5% of the recipients are White or non-Hispanic. Furthermore, 69% of the recipients are reportedly women, while 42.5% of them are aged between 30 and 39.
Who will qualify for the Guaranteed Income Pilot program?
According to Notheis, to be able to qualify for the Guaranteed Income Pilot program, an individual must have been 18 years old by January 1, 2022. In addition, they must have resided in one of the zip codes designated by the program. They must also earn an annual income at or less than 50% of the area median income in Minneapolis. Lastly, an individual must have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that the individual must have lost their job, lost access to child care, and must have suffered from higher expenses of health care.