Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

11-Month-Old Baby in New York Dies Due To Overdose of Fentanyl That Could Kill Adults 23 Times

An 11-month-old baby in New York, who died in May, ingested a fatal dose of Fentanyl that could kill adults 23 times.

Fentanyl

11-month-old boy dies due to fentanyl. (Photo: Syracuse)

Fentanyl Overdose

An 11-month-old baby in New York who died in May was found to ingest an overdose of Fentanyl. The baby had 69 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl in his blood which is likely to kill an adult 23 times. This is most likely the cause of why the child had a cardiac arrest.

The deceased baby was named Liam Sauve. According to a published report in the International Business Times, he was accidentally given the synthetic opioid inside a Syracuse apartment on May 9. The prosecutors said that his mother, Elizabeth Sauve, as well as her boyfriend, Quyen Huynh, were trying to calm the child down at the time.

However, the 11-month-old baby boy was extremely high because of the amount of fentanyl in his blood. The medical examiner also confirmed this report.

READ ALSO: New York City Will Hire “Rat Exterminator”, Offers A Salary Of $120,000

Medical Examiner Released a Statement

The medical examiner confirmed that the child had 69 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl in his blood when he died. They also said that three nanograms per milliliter would be fatal to an adult as cited in the child fatality report and could lead to fatal death.

They believed that the 11-month-old child “Either inhaled copious amounts of fentanyl or was covered in fentanyl or in contact with it for many hours.  The high amounts of medication most likely caused the baby to go into cardiac arrest within minutes of consumption.”

READ ALSO: Athena Strand: Missing 7-Year-Old Girl Was Found Dead In Wise County

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.