Police officials are probing into an alleged suicide incident in Yonkers that caused the lives of two individuals. Preliminary data indicated that according to the Yonkers Police, an overwrought 25-year-old man leaped off the the building at 77 Locust Hill Avenue’s roof shortly prior to 6 PM. He fell 12 stories below on the roof of a concrete parking garage and killed off the unfortunate 61-year-old man that stood where he landed.
Police in Yonkers, New York declared the news on Monday night just prior to 8 PM. They did not disclose more information.
The two persons were reported dead at the scene of the incident.
According to the Yonkers Police Department in a statement, “Investigators are interviewing witnesses and family members at this time and reviewing surveillance video. The incident appears to be a tragic situation and the investigation is ongoing.” It added the Yonkers Police Department officers and the city of Yonkers offer genuine condolences to the bereaved families.
The pair of individuals have not been distinguished publicly. Inspectors are interrogating family members and witnesses. They are evaluating surveillance footage. They do not believe what transpired was foul play.
For those considering suicide as a last means, kindly contact the United States National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) for free private emotional support. The service is a 24/7 service that provides information, assistance, and local resources. Click here for other telephone numbers within other states. You may also contact the Crisis Text Line by texting “START” to 741741 and the Trevor Project at 1-866-488-7386.
If you witness warning signs of an impending suicide, these tips could help in preventing a suicide attempt:
- Remove any firearms, alcohol, sharp objects, or drugs that may be used as a suicide tool.
- Do not leave the individual unaccompanied.
- Ask them if they are thinking of killing or hurting themself or what they are feeling.
- Listen to them and do not remark they are being dramatic, sad, or overreacting.
- Call the hotlines for mental health and suicide concerns.
- Take the suicidal person to an emergency room.
- Seek expert help from a mental health or medical professional.
Related Article: Van Buren Man Sentenced to 30 Years for Sexual Assault of Minor