Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Community Corps Receive $1M Each for Revitalization Efforts Creating a Brighter Future

New Jersey Department of Community Affairs Awards $4 Million to Atlantic City Community Corps for Neighborhood Revitalization

Community Corps in Atlantic City Receive $1 Million Each for Business Housing and Infrastructure Upgrades

According to the report of PRESS OF ATLANTIC CITY, in an effort to make neighborhoods better the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs is giving $4 million to four local groups in Atlantic City. This money will help businesses improve buildings and fix up houses among other important things. Each group gets $1 million. The Atlantic City Development Corp. Chelsea Neighborhood Plan the Atlantic County Economic Alliance with Ducktown CDC Revitalize Ducktown project the AtlantiCare Foundation Midtown in Motion Revitalization Plan and Atlantic Cape Community College Inlet Community Development Corp. Atlantic City Inlet will all use this money to make big changes.

READ ALSO: Approved Housing Bill By The Senate Finance Committee Announced To Qualify Renters For A Tax Credit

Community Corps Receive $1M Each for Revitalization Efforts Creating a Brighter Future (PHOTO: CT News Junkie)

Community Corps Tax Credit Program Aims to Transform Atlantic City into a Thriving and Inclusive Community

The program gives businesses a full tax credit which means they do have to pay taxes on the money they give to the community groups. This helps businesses and neighborhoods work together. The groups have to use at least 60% of the money for housing and making the area better for business. The other 40% can go to other things that make the neighborhood nicer like programs for people and keeping things clean and safe. These grants are just about money they about making Atlantic City a better place for everyone. They show that people care about making the community stronger. They will help bring people together and give them opportunities to learn and find good jobs. With help from these groups Atlantic City can become a thriving place where people want to live and work making life better for everyone in the community.

READ ALSO: Earned Income Tax Credit To Boost Your Finances

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *