In the drawing on October 7, the two-person Sandy Island Cove MLC lottery club matched the five white balls (47-54-57-60-65) to win the grand prize. Robert Hoerauf, a club representative, purchased the winning ticket at Northview Wine Shoppe, which is situated in Macomb at 23015 21 Mile Road.
The group went to Lottery headquarters not too long ago to pick up their award.
During the $1.765 billion Powerball jackpot run, the reward was won. The lottery ran from July 22 to October 11, when a single ticket bought in California won the $1.765 billion prize. The amount earned was the second-biggest lottery prize ever. Players in the Michigan Lottery earned almost $13 million in prizes during the jackpot run. Players of the Michigan Lottery won over $13 million in prizes during the jackpot run, with six winners totaling at least $1 million:
- Aug. 26: A $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Wild Bills Tobacco Livonia III, located at 27424 6 Mile Road in Livonia.
- Sept 11. A $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Kristi’s Pour House, located at 211 East Main Street in Hart.
- Sept. 23: A $2 million winning ticket was purchased online at MichiganLottery.com.
- Sept. 30: A $1 million winning ticket was purchased at the 7-Eleven, located at 34951 Garfield Road in Fraser.
- Oct. 2: A $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Purk’s Inc., located at 875 East Lincoln in Ionia.
- Oct. 7: A $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Northview Wine Shoppe, located at 23015 21 Mile Road in Macomb.
Powerball plays are available for purchase online at MichiganLottery.com and at lottery stores around the state for $2 each. For just $1, you may add a “Power Play” option to every Powerball play that increases non-jackpot wins by up to 10 times, up to a maximum of $2 million. Players may add Double Play to a Powerball ticket for an extra $1 per play, which gives them another chance to enter the nightly Double Play drawing for a chance to win up to $10 million.
The drawing for the Powerball is held at 10:59 p.m. at http://www.powerball.com, and may be viewed live online on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. 45 states, the District of Columbia, the US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico all sell Powerball tickets.
Oakland County lady wins $1 million in the lottery game in Michigan
When an Oakland County lady saw she had won a $1 million prize in the Michigan Lottery’s Millionaire Raffle game, she broke down in tears and logged into her lottery account.
The fortunate 43-year-old participant, who opted to stay anonymous, purchased her raffle ticket at MichiganLottery.com.
“I purchased several tickets because I thought the Millionaire Raffle had good odds,” the participant stated. “I never imagined I would win the $1 million prize; I thought maybe I would win one of the $1,000 prizes.”
One morning, I received an email from the Michigan Lottery informing me that I had won a reward. Since I couldn’t figure out what the award might be, I thought it was a fraud. I opened my lottery account to make sure everything was OK, and when I saw that I had won $1 million, I screamed! My spouse sensed that something wasn’t right and hurried upstairs. He was astonished when I revealed the reward money to him.
The fortunate winner recently went to lottery headquarters to pick up her winnings. She intends to invest, travel, and put money down for retirement with her riches.
The player remarked, “Winning is unbelievable and gives me and my family a nice financial cushion.”
The largest online raffle game ever offered by the Michigan Lottery debuted on May 1st under the name Millionaire Raffle. There was one $1 million top prize and one hundred $1,000 prizes in the raffle game.
Macomb Country Club
Macomb, the county seat, is located in the center of McDonough County, in the picturesque region of west-central Illinois.
Macomb’s downtown has a historic district with a courthouse and square from the middle of the 1800s, as well as an eclectic mix of eateries and retail establishments. Forgottonia truly has something for everyone, offering a diverse range of activities such as agriculture, historical monuments, industry, distinctive shops, higher education, recreation, and the arts.
McDonough County’s location at a midway point between Chicago and St. Louis, the two major metropolitan populations in the area, makes Forgottonia’s Macomb an ideal road trip destination for quick getaways from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The Macomb Area Convention & Visitors Bureau provides services to both business and leisure travelers, as well as to inform prospective visitors about events and destinations. We offer services and information to help guests get the most out of their stay in McDonough County and Forgottonia.
- Free Visitors Guides and Publications
- Information on restaurants, lodging, special events, attractions, and activities
- Meeting and convention services, including hotel booking assistance and site tours
- Assistance in coordinating special meeting activities, such as museum tours
- Coordination of group tour activities.
- Assist in coordinating and attracting special events in the Macomb area.
The Macomb Region Convention and Visitors Bureau’s goal is to draw tourists to Forgottonia by promoting the Macomb region as a venue for festivals, special events, conferences, and conventions.
The main duties of the Macomb Area Convention & Visitors Bureau are:
- To encourage groups to hold meetings, tours, sporting events, and other events.
- To assist these groups with meeting preparations in advance of their arrival and also while their meeting or event is in progress; and
- To encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the historic, cultural, retail, dining, and recreational opportunities this destination offers.
- Assist meeting and event planners, tournament directors, and visitors in learning about the destination and area attractions and making the best possible use of all the services and facilities the destination has to offer.
To submit an event to our calendar, request event assistance or sponsorship, or see what is happening in Macomb, visit our website at VisitForgottonia.com